This is Part 2 of a series of illustrations and notes which looks at the landscape history of Hadstock Parish over the last 250 years. It examines the major changes in field systems, fields and ownership caused by the Hadstock Inclosure Act of 1801, the arrival of the railway in 1865 and the USAAF airfield in 1942. It concludes with the 2020 field landscape and field ownership.
Recent Articles & Media
- A Fete day with a difference – camel racing
- ‘The Landscape History of Hadstock Parish 1777-2020, Part 2: Field Systems, Fields and Ownership’, by Richard Dolby and Rick Albrow
- Riot in Hadstock…….in 1795
- Reg Wood looks back at village life in Hadstock in 1947
- Former Hadstock Church School becomes the property of the Parish Council, July 1984