Photographs – Parish Places
Reg Wood running the village shop in Queen’s Jubilee Year, 1977
These images are courtesy of the American Air Museum in Britain, part of the Imperial War Museums, (www.americanairmuseum.com)
On Rogation Sunday, May 23rd 2021, and organised and led by Gill Butterworth, a group of Hadstock residents ‘beat the bounds’ and walked 7.5 miles round the Parish boundary as part of the 1020-2020 Millennium celebrations. Starting on Linton Road near the zoo, the group walked anticlockwise, had a lunch break in Nunn Wood, and finished in the Grip at Linton.
A look-back at Bartlow station in the busiest period of its life, when Hadstock parishioners could travel to Haverhill and Colchester, or to Cambridge and beyond.
These pictures were compiled by Richard Dolby and Hamish McIlwrick.
In the Autumn of 2015, the Church arranged a series of breakfast discussions in the pub with local residents talking about their expertise. This was the first. James Hewlett (far right) talked about Nepal and the devastating effect of its earthquake. David Taylor (seated second right), landlord of the King’s Head, provided breakfast, and the event raised funds for James’s chosen charity in Nepal.