Extracted from Susan Mackay and Roy Swann’s book “To stand and stare” which describes life in Hadstock in the middle twentieth century, this article is a lovely insight into Hadstock life during the building and operation of United States Army Airforce (USAAF) Station 165 between 1942 and 1946.
Recent Articles & Media
- A Fete day with a difference – camel racing
- ‘The Landscape History of Hadstock Parish 1777-2020, Part 2: Field Systems, Fields and Ownership’, by Richard Dolby and Rick Albrow
- Riot in Hadstock…….in 1795
- Reg Wood looks back at village life in Hadstock in 1947
- Former Hadstock Church School becomes the property of the Parish Council, July 1984