Hilda Peck, née Fordham, was born in 1892 and died in 1984, aged 92, so her memories were written in about 1964. She lived nearly all her life in Lilac, now Pippin, Cottage; her father owned the two cottages. Hilda married Harry Peck in 1929 and, when the tenant died, Harry combined the two into one house. Harry died in 1967, and soon after that Hilda went to live in Back Road, Linton.
Recent Articles & Media
- A Fete day with a difference – camel racing
- ‘The Landscape History of Hadstock Parish 1777-2020, Part 2: Field Systems, Fields and Ownership’, by Richard Dolby and Rick Albrow
- Riot in Hadstock…….in 1795
- Reg Wood looks back at village life in Hadstock in 1947
- Former Hadstock Church School becomes the property of the Parish Council, July 1984